Many food addicts struggle with foods high in sugar and flour, with pizza, ice cream, and chocolate topping the list of addictive foods.
When it comes to symptoms, most food addicts:
- Are obsessed with food
- Have dug food out of the garbage
- Hide food
- Lie about food and eating habits
- Eat in isolation
- Eat when they’re not hungry
- Think about food and weight all the time
- Want to stop eating but can’t
- Exercise, vomit, or use laxatives to control weight
She also recommends keeping a food journal, establishing and committing to morning and nighttime routines, and identifying triggers and finding new ways to cope when triggered.
Listen as Jennifer joins Dr. Holly Lucille to discuss food addiction.